Friday, July 25, 2008

Jim is 20 Weeks!

Well, well, well... We (Jim, Bo and I) have arrived at 20 weeks post-delivery. Wow. That seems so huge.

I remember 20 weeks being such a huge milestone in my pregnancy. It was the 1st week where I really, really felt like I could just be a pregnant lady. I wasn't "infertile" I was glowing. I wasn't "Fat" I was pregnant. I was beautiful to the world because I was going to have a baby. I started getting knowing smiles from strangers. I started to really believe I was going to be a mother. Mom. Me. Really.

Yeah, there were doubts in my mind. I had so many I won't recount them here. Let's just say that I'm OK with having doubts - they keep me grounded. I think I did pretty well at keeping things together (well, until that last couple of weeks...).

Oh, and speaking of huge... Jim was weighed last week... Oh my.

Weight: 19 1/2 lbs (off the chart, literally >100%)
Height: 25.5 (75%)
Head: 17.7 INCHES!!!! (95%)

To say our boy is big is sort-of an understatement. Then again, he is height-weight-head proportionate, so it is OK. If the Dr. isn't worried I'm not going to be worried. Well, not so much anyway.

I'll try to keep you guys more up-to-date, but I'm not promising anything. :P

4 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

The only thing I would worry about is the cost of food to feed him when he is 13.

He sounds wonderfully healthy to me - I think you guys most be doing something right!

Kate said...

Wow! He's even bigger than my big boy. :) Glad to hear everything is going well....

MrsSpock said...

My husband regales me with tales of drinking a gallon of milk a day as a teenager, plus eating 2 36 piece chicken nuggets, plus large fries and a shakes, or an entire large pan pizza by himself. I say start saving now for those enormous food bills your big strapping football player is going to need.

Stacie said...

Wow, Dawn! Jim is big! He actually weighs more than my boys, if you can believe that? That must mean you are doing what he needs. Good job, mama.

I am so glad you posted. I was beginning to wonder about you. It had been awhile.

Thanks for the sweet words on the blog. It is funny how much the spouses know about blogland. Isaac doesn't really know names, but I can say a brief detail, and he'll know who I am talking about. (He is quite impressed with little Jim's growth progress, too!)

Oh, and can you believe the pox hit again. They got Shawn this morning. I see fun in my future... :-)

Much love to you and yours.

Stacie