Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kitchen Update


... I wondered if no one liked my post... then I figured out I didn't actually HIT POST!

I'm pretty proud of myself this week... I set out to make some decisions re: the kitchen, and to get Miss M's closet all arranged for the fall/winter.

I managed to finish:

  1. A flowchart of tasks created to complete the kitchen!  YAY!
    1. I have a checklist of people to call  +1 point
    2. I have to have a checklist to remember all the people to call  -1 point
  2. All of Miss M's Fall clothes are sorted and hung up as necessary!  +1 point !
    1. I culled out all her 18 mo clothes!  +1 point !
    2. I still need to cull her clothes so there are WAY less outfits for me to manage - 1 point Boo Hiss!
    3. However, everything is hung by season (still Summer, early Fall, Late Fall, Winter).  +1 point !
  3. My office files are ALMOST all sorted into 1 external hanging folder. 
    1. Why does this matter you ask?  I can get rid of a large filing cabinet that no longer works with my life or decor. It is storing a LOT of extra baggage, but very little useful material.
    2. I am able to find my key documents, and possibly get them into my fire-resistant file box.
    3. I feel like I know where my towel is. :)
  4. Putting some of my cooking equipment back in the kitchen, because it is going to be another 3+ weeks before the new cabinets are ready. I'm so done living out of boxes.
  5. Almost done making 3 major decisions - feel free to comment:
    1. What color should the walls be? 
      1. I like a French Country look... I'm leaning either:
        1. Blue, light yellow, with some Red
        2. The current apple green.
        3. Yellow with Red and green accents
    2. Wood or vinyl tile in the kitchen?  It is an eat-in kitchen, very large.
    3. What kind of counter-top material to get. (I am not a fan of granite, it is pretty, but I drop things too often - hate the breakage).
On to another week!

  • I plan to schedule a quote for getting a new gas line (new stove). 
  • Finalize plans for the flooring.
  • Break open a wall to find out how deep my new pantry will be.


No comments: