Hey Guys! I'm back!
I think I might have finally adjusted to being a Mom of Two. Only took 1 yr 9 mos. Not so bad, considering.
So, I'm starting up the home improvement projects, trying to put my life back together a bit. I've let the house get a bit out-of-control, and in doing so have found that I am a bit overwhelmed. I feel like the walls are pressing in on me, and I'm unable to think/move/do anything but be stressed about it.
So, I'm working on de-cluttering, which is helping with my state of mind. I'm finding more energy, and I'm less interested in being a slug.
Here are the things on the agenda for the next few weeks:
- Get the kitchen dry - completed
- Get bids from 3 contractors to repair/replace the cabinets
- Get kitchen designs from cabinet retailers, just in case we are replacing the kitchen
- Pick a new floor type - wood or vinyl, no ceramic for me
- Get flooring bids for wood and vinyl tile
- Decide if I want to take the opportunity to change the wall color
- Convince myself that now is a good time to paint the ceiling
- Rip out an existing Pantry and non-load bearing wall to make more overall counter space
- Pick a counter top material/finish
- Learn how to feed my family well without a kitchen (no oven, no cooktop, and only a tiny bit of cabinet and counterspace)
- Come to terms with 4 - 6 more weeks without a kitchen
- Get bids from 4 contractors
- Choose a contractor
- pay a bazillion dollars
- Hope my house doesn't fall down during the repairs.