Saturday, March 1, 2008

4 Days and Counting...

Well, Bo and I figured out last night that it was possibly the VERY LAST Friday that we will be a childless couple. It kinda freaked me out that we had no plans of any kind. We were simply going to hang out and putter around the house! We did get a few things done around the house, granted, but we decided to make today more about us being a free to "go do" as we wanted.

We just got back from a scrumptious lunch of BBQ Pork, mac n' cheese, and REAL Banana Pudding. If you've never had homemade banana pudding with meringue on top (NO, fakey instant banana pudding does not count) then you have officially not lived. At least, you cannot convince me that you have as far as desserts are concerned. :) LOL

Tonight, we are planning to go see a movie. I want to see "The Other Boleyn Girl". I have read the book and it is absolutely fabulous. I hope the movie will do it justice. I was hoping that we'd have some friends to join us, but looks like they aren't up for a dramatic movie this evening. :( However, I think we'll still go with our plan. Yay! Hmmm... Think I might have kinda played the pregnancy card there, but I'm OK with it. I've got one Sat left, I'm going to be stingy for once.

As for the rest of you... Even if you have no desire to see the movie you still might want to read the book. It was written so well that the characters and places seemed to leap off the page and exist in my mind. The story itself quite amazing as well - it deals with the Boleyn sisters and their time in King Henry VIII's court, before and during period where the king overthrew the Catholic church and defied the Pope. Wow, what an amazing point in history, and until reading this book I had no idea how intriguing it could be. Some of the story is fiction, but a lot of it is based on the records of the time. Go out and get it. ***done schilling for the movie/book***

Let's see, what else... Oh, I think the baby might have dropped. I had one major contraction this morning, and it seemed to cause a back spasm. After a good 5 - 7 mins of hurting I called hubby in and had him rub my back. Afterwards I noticed that the baby seems quite a bit lower (aka I can breathe!) and the movement feelings are very different now - don't know how to describe it other than I'm surprised how low in my pelvis I can feel it wiggle. Very strange.

Anyone with experience please help me out - is this about right? Did it drop?

I'm aware that the baby can drop weeks before it comes, but I'm excited none-the-less. Natural progress COULD keep me out of the OR. Come on baby! Momma and Daddy are ready for you to make your grand appearance! Momma especially, which is important because if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

OK - now I feel like I'm rambling... Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

4 comments:

Madam Crunchypants said...

That sounds like the baby dropped to me. When Punkin dropped, I went from looking like a fat person with a slight baby bump to looking like an exceptionally pregnant person who might have also been fat, maybe.

Stacie said...

It is getting so close...I am so excited for you! Just think, soon we'll see pictures of your little pride and joy!

I hope you have your names all picked out. I can't wait to hear your choice!

the rotten correspondent said...

I think the baby dropped, too. This is so exciting!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

How exciting! EEK!