Monday, June 16, 2008

First Father's Day Weekend

Sorry I haven't blogged in forever... I think I am finding less and less time for blogging. I think it is partly because I don't want to share family details on this blog. I find I can't tell my story straight - I have to censor and edit. This way of writing feels stunted. Not sure how I'm going to cure that issue... I might setup a private blog for the munchkin. Not sure. What do you guys think?

We have had a pretty good yet very disjointed Father's Day weekend. It all started with my hubby's crazy plan to leave town for a solid week. His planned departure was Sunday, which was during our planned Father's Day weekend in the Smokey Mountains with my family.

This would have been all well and good, but this was to be a long weekend getaway that included Monday. So, he left early in the day on Father's Day and kind-of disrupted the whole gift-giving scene.

See, my niece is autistic, and she doesn't like change. She was expecting gifts to be given out on Sunday. When she expects something you just try your darndest to keep it going on schedule. It isn't pretty when she gets unhappy.

So, we opened presents Saturday night. Sister-in-law and my niece got into a fight during the gift giving and my niece was a pain the rest of the evening. Oh well...

Bo was very, very happy to get the gift Jim "made" him... The daycare dressed Jim in a man's suit coat and a very loose tie and took his picture. Then they put the picture in a frame made of Ho.me De.pot rulers. It was really very, very cute.

He also loved the gift I gave him. A week or so ago I took Jim down to Babies R Us and had his pics made in a little baseball jersey that says "Dad's team". They propped him up with a baseball, a bat and glove. He is soooooo cute. You just want to pinch his little cheeks!

I also had his pic made in a red outfit with fire trucks on it. My brother W is a fireman. I gave him and my Dad copies of this picture. My brother was so surprised to get a gift. :) I think he was really touched. I'm going to send my other brother a copy too - it is sad that he couldn't come this weekend. :( But it is just to far to travel for a weekend gig.

I have to give hubby praise where it is due - he loves his son so deeply and truly that it makes me jealous. He loves him until it hurts. I'm not jealous of his love for the baby vs. me. I'm jealous because I wish I knew for sure that I loved our son that much. I KNOW I love him, but I can't help but notice that hubby seems to love him more. I guess since it is hard to quantify love I can't be really sure, but I'd give him 1st prize.

I feel so very lucky to have a hubby like mine. I can't imagine having a hubby that felt like the kid was my responsibility, mine to raise, mine to manage. I can't really ask for more.

1 comment:

MrsSpock said...

I just set up a private blog for the munchkin myself- sounds like a good idea. Email me if you want the link.