Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Days and Bad Days Should Be Different Days

Bad Day Example:
Hubby's father died this morning - it was expected, but still sad. He's been pretty bad off for a few weeks now, it was unexpected that TODAY would be the day. Luckily Hubby had taken me up on my offer for him to stay longer - he cancelled his flight and was able to be there for his Dad's last few moments.

Good Day Example:
The US this morning showed a heartbeat! We have 1 baby measuring right on time with an audible heartbeat! YAY.

Undecided Day Example:
The US this morning showed a 2nd heartbeat. The 2nd baby is measuring quite a bit behind, possibly as much as a week. The Undecided part is how this will turn out, as well as how I'm dealing with it. I was all a bit strange and stressful. I want both to have the second one survive and also for this to be a singleton. How do I resolve that... Really. I'm sure nature will resolve it either way.

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Whoa. It has been a day of extremes for you. First, I am so sorry for the loss of your FIL. Even if things are expected, it is still a loss.

Congratulations on the two heartbeats! What an exciting milestone! I know things are still so early, but I am so excited that you have been given the chance to see two little beats. There is nothing quite like it!

(Plus, I was right. :-) Ahem.)

I continue to send love your way...I am just so excited for you!

BigP's Heather said...

I'm sorry about your FIL. For me, even knowing it is going to happen doesn't make it easier...

I'm not sure what to say. I'm happy that baby 1 is right on target. Praying for you to find peace with whatever happens.

ME Gregory said...

well you are right - that is too much all for one day. I'm sorry about your FIL. u/s's like that are confusing and tough to process - thinking of you as it all plays out.

MrsSpock said...

Oh geez. Sorry about your FIL.

I'm a bit 'sceered of twins myself, and know that seeing two heartbeats would probably drum up a mixture of elation and dread for myself. Are you having a follow up to track baby #2?

Hopeful Mother said...

I'm sorry about your FIL too. Even when you know it's coming it still hurts a lot.

The ultrasound results are overall fantastic, although I understand the feelings you have about it both ways.

(Your beta numbers were close to mine and I had twins too. Mine was 198 at 15dpo).

Also wishing you all the best with whatever way it ends up going.

Jericho said...

yey a million times for the heart beat!!! so sorry about your FIL....thinking of you guys

Bella said...

What a day! That explains the borderline numbers though... The plus to feeling ambivalent is that you will be happy either way. You just have to feel unsettled about it for longer... Hang in there! When are you checking on #2 again?