Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Made a decision...

Hubby and I had a long talk last night about what we wanted to do next...

We've decided that, if the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, we are going to try another IUI. We decided that we are most comfortable with this route even though the % chance is lower and it is riskier. We are going to try it at least a couple more times, I think. Then we are going to probably look into adoption.

We decided that we could try IVF later, if we get the money from some rich benefactor. Please note, hubby and I want our parents around for a LONG time, and they aren't that wealthy, so I'm not talking about them!!!.

SOOOOOOoooo - Anyone that wants to donate to our "have a baby" fund is welcome to! :) We'll give you name voting rights!

Well, maybe middle name voting rights. Well, actually only if it is a girl, because we already have a boy's name picked out. Oh, wait, we also have a first name picked out for a girl, so I guess that only leaves middle name if it is a girl voting rights. The middle name has to start with a "C" though... Hmmm... How would you feel about "First diaper change" rights?

Additional good news! I just called our insurance. They better explained how the IF procedures are billed and applied to our lifetime max. I feel much better now because I know that we will be able to afford to continue treatments for a bit longer before we have to pay out of pocket.

My RE is not going to like our decision... He really thinks IVF is the best course, because of the risk of ectopic and the missing tube. But, hubby and I weighed our hearts and the risks, and we came up with the same answer independently - so it just seems right to give it a go.

Alright Aunt Flo - pack your bags and come for a visit next week. We've prepared a nice comfy guest room for you. I'll even make you some homemade pancakes!


Samantha said...

I'm glad to know you've made a decision you're comfortable with. I hope things will work out for you with the IUIs.

Mands said...

It's good to have a plan and to move forward with it. And the fact that IUI has (kind of) worked for you is a good reason to go that route again.
Wishing you lots of luck for whenever you start your next one.

Artblog said...

I like those sort of plans, it feels constructive, doesn't it, otherwise everything else is out of our hands. Good luck!

Baby Blues said...

Way to go! Sounds like a good plan. Glad to hear you're back on the saddle.
We're actually already thinking of ways to raise the money for our IVF, in case we have to go there.
Good luck!

RTTguapa said...

cool - it's great that you and the hubby came to the same decision independently!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you were able to come to a decision that you are both comfortable with. I so hope that the IUIs are the ticket for you.

Robin said...


You may already know about this site but if not it is kind of nice to chat with all these women that have been through this.

I did IUI once and then we somehow drummed up the money (with a small amount of help from our insurance) to do IVF. I'm almost 41 so time is not on our side unfortunately.

Best of luck to you. I find out on April 9th (my birthday!) if the transfer was a success.