Friday, July 13, 2007

Clotting Bloodwork & Finding an OB

I received the 2nd part of my bloodwork results today. The Heparin has brought my clotting factors back within normal range. From now on I am to get my blood tested every 2 weeks to make sure my clotting time is staying level. This is VERY good news, seeing as they weren't sure what dose I should have at first - good educated guess, huh?

Today I got another thrill... My fav RE nurse said to start looking for an OB. She said it can sometimes take a while to get that first appointment. She has done some CNP intern work with my OB/GYN's office and specifically with my GYN said they are really great to work with. So, I'm thinking that would be just fine.

My GYN is a CNP and she said she can see me for most of my appointments. I would, as in most offices, see all of the OBs and she would be my primary caregiver.

I can't believe I need to choose an OB. Nobody pinch me, I don't want to wake up.

In symptom land... Has anyone had stomach pain other than nausea? I am feeling like I ate too much, even when I haven't eaten. I feel like it is Thanksgiving and I just finished a plate full! UGGH!

I haven't had any real nausea per se, nor have smells made me be put off, but I'm sort-of expecting it to be sometime soon. My numbers are reaching the ranges that most of the other ladies here have started having M/S issues. Who knows, maybe I'll luck out and miss that joyful experience!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I had that type of pain during my first trimester. I think I finally figured out it was heartburn. (Yes, in my stomach). Once I got a prescription for prevacid I felt a lot better.

CAM said...

Thanks for the comment. My boob pain is the same...in my armpits and along the top. I actually felt in my armpits today wondering if something else was wrong b/c it hurt so damn bad. Guess that may be a good sign?! What are you taking the heparin for? What kind of clotting problem do you have? I have MTHFR which causes clotting and caused my earlier troubles and I take a script for that.
So excited for you that you have to look for an OB!! WOW! You must just want to pinch yourself!
:)

Allformybaby said...

I am sooo excited for you. Beta's are what they are... mine sucked at first and today I saw the loveliest sac with something in it. To borrow an expression from my RE! Feeling ya on the whole bloated thing. I have lost 5 lbs and yet I feel heavier than I have ever been! Stay sticky!!
((huggs))
A

Kate said...

Yeah, my stomach hurts sometimes, too. Good luck finding an OB . :)

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, already time to find an OB! The milestones are going to start flying by!