Monday, July 16, 2007

Oooo The Smells...

OK the world stinks - litterally. Since Saturday I have begun to smell EVERYTHING! I am especially noticing the yucky smells. Oh man... What DIED in the breakroom microwave?? UGH!

My stomach has started doing little flips based on the smells. Sometimes it flips a happy "feed me" flip and other times not so much. Today I noticed that bluberries are delicious smelling - mmmmmm! They were covered in chocolate and I could still smell them WAY before they got to my mouth. I only ate 2, so I don't think they count on my non-caffiene diet. :)

I've realized several times today that I only have 1 week before I get to see if there is a heartbeat in there pumping away. If there is I may not be able to keep from telling the world, immediately. I am so ready for everyone to know.

Bo came by my cube today and told me he was going to call his Dad AS SOON as the test was over if it was good news. He seems to have gotten himself a bit wrapped around the axle with maintaining both excitement and caution. I sure hope he gets some positive relief Monday. He said, "I know you've been wondering if I'm thinking about it at all, but don't because I certainly am. " He looked so scared it was very cute.

Well, I'm just biding my time until US Day - this is really about as bad as the 2WW. I need some writing assignments - anyone got anything good??

I think I'm going to try and do some photos for the photo world tour too... Not sure I will get done today though...

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Sounds to me like you are big time pregnant, girl! Woohoo!

Let the fun begin!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I just found your Blog. Turns out I'm exactly as far on as you. My u/s is the 23rd too. Will keep checking in on you.

Take care x

Gemini Girl said...

Yup- the smells! Thank the lord in heaven you dont ride on the nyc subway in the summertime! I just about die every time I get on. Dont people shower?

I tried stopiing with caffiene and was successful for a while. Now I have a cup every other day. I'm sure my little ones will be ok with a little caffiene in their systems. Maybe they will actually start kicking- so I can feel them in there!
I wasnt scared about hearing the heartbeats as much as seeing them on the sono. Until I heard the heartbeats and started to cry.
It will be ok!
Im a blabber mouth too.. I couldnt really keep it quiet. Now with this tummy- I dont have to!

Kate said...

All ofthe symptoms sound good!

N7 said...

sniff sniff :::BLEHHHHHHHH:::
Im in the same boat as you with a BFP on 7/13....My Blog had to be put to rest because of a family discovery...and my news was almost leaked across the nation. Please keep my new blog address on file and scratch Hormonal Disaster!
Anyway...back to the smells! lol! Ever go to the supermarket and walk past the seafood section?
well...dont....

ultimatejourney said...

I'm wondering when my symptoms are going to kick in. Here's to lots of great ultrasounds next week!

Mama Bear said...

So glad the symptoms are kicking in...as weird as that sounds. :-)