Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On Our Way?

I've been keeping a little something from the bloggy universe... We are "trying again", not as in at-some-point-we-will-start, but as in we went in for our transfer this morning! Yeah, I know, I'm bad because I didn't share. :(

I've told a couple of people recently that we were trying again, and I think I might have blogged about it in my last post, but I haven't felt like making a big production of it.

You see, until this morning, I figured it would all fizzle out. I kept taking my shots, like a good girl, but I didn't expect to get through today with baby-on-board as I had only 1 embryo in the freezer, and there was only a 50/50 chance that it would thaw and survive. However, the embryologist said it was expanding and looking good, which is a HUGE hurdle for an embryo.

We do our beta next Thursday... Not that I really expect anything. Last time we put back 2 and only 1 took, and those were Grade A. This one was a B when it went in, and they didn't grade it when they replaced it today. I'm not sure if that means anything or not, but it doesn't make me feel like dancing.

I've spent the day on the couch - writing emails and napping. I've picked up my son only 1 time, which I was told was allowed as long as I don't "repeatedly lift" anything over 10 lbs.

Jim did not appreciate that I wouldn't pick him up, but he seemed pleased when he was able to climb onto my lap and show me how his Fisher Price farm worked. Hubby has been great... He was there for me this morning, stayed home from work to keep tabs on me, and has graciously done all the heavy lifting, changing, and toting of our prince. We'll just have to refer to the next 10 days as "Daddy bonding time". :)

For now, I guess I'll be doing the slightly-shorter-than-two-weeks wait!

P.S. - I had some sort of negative reaction to the PIO shots this time. Nothing too severe, but I was worried that I might be headed for an allergic reaction. So, my RE gave me VJJay suppositories instead of PIO! Wooo Hooo! I like them, they aren't messy, and they are easy to use. I give it a thumbs up!

Note: this also means I have some extra PIO if anyone is maybe needing to kinda save some money. Not that I would do anything illegal like give it to anyone, but I'm just sayin'...


Gil said...

I'm so thrilled for you! Even though you kept it such a great secret from all of us! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you next week. In the meantime, I think "Daddy bonding time" is a spectacular idea!

m said...

Ooh you stinker!

No. Seriously. I SO get this.

We're aiming for transfer on Thursday and I deliberated for DAYS over whether or not to say anything to anybody. For so many reasons. But I decided that I need the good vibes more than I don't. So, announcement made.

BUT, like you, I will feel so much better once/if we actually have a baby on board. I've never been so nervous about the 24 hours leading up to transfer. But I've never had an empty freezer to think about once this attempt is made.

Man, dawn, this is such great news! On so many levels! Your little one made the thaw! He/she's on board! An alt to the PIO is found! (I know who to call if I run low! theoretically, of course.)

Glad to see you back in my google reader. Hope to be reading even more good news in the coming weeks. All the best!!!

MrsSpock said...

Sneaky devil! And I so wish that I will be able to call you a lucky devil next week as well...

Carey said...

what a secret to keep!! Fingers crossed for next week!

ME Gregory said...

Good luck!