Sunday, May 6, 2007

Not gone, just lurking...

I've been reading posts lately, and trying hardto wait my turn - for Aunt Flo's visit that is...

It seems a LOT of you must be cycling right now because Aunt Flo hasn't had time to come see me in 2 MONTHS! Yep, that's right, an unintened forced-break of sorts. I took a prog.esteron substitute, and it didn't seem to get me going, but just when I think I need to go back to Dr. it looks like the drought might be over. I've been feeling the tell-tale signs that she is on her way. Maybe tomorrow, huh?

This cycle is going to be difficult... Hubby and I have been at odds lately, and we are about a month behind schedule from where we thought we would be by now. It is gonna make doing all this IF stuff hard to go through... I don't like starting a cycle when I'm cranky!

So, we think we are gonna do another IUI, at least, and then maybe another IUI, then IVF. I think. Of course, if all goes well, we won't have to do the 2nd IUI or the IVF! :) Right? Thinking positive here!

Lately, I've been thinking more and more about adoption options. I want children. At this point I realize they do not have to be my own for me to be happy.

I don't want to give up on having my own child, but I am not set on it being a requirement. I just really want someone to love, hold, cuddle, and teach. We love to teach, and love to share. We are sure we want that part of having a child/children.

One problem is that I'm having trouble getting information together about how to get started. If we adopt, we want to adopt an older child, not an infant - possibly siblings. We realize we have the resources to raise siblings, and not every adoptive parent does. We would like to be able to give them a home together.

How do you get started with adoption??? All I can find online are ads! How do I choose/rate agencies? How do I know what level of costs we are looking at incurring? Where do I start?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I don't have much advice on adoption. We haven't really gone there yet. I do hope that AF comes for you soon though so that you can get started again. xx

The Momcaster said...

i have NO idea about adoption but let me say that i think it's wonderful that you are considering it - especially for siblings. good for you. and lucky are the kids that end up in your home.