Thursday, May 10, 2007

PCOS Strikes AGAIN!!!!

Well, Aunt Flo did not do me any favors by coming to visit, because she brought her dog Cyst with her. He peed on my carpet and ate my best shoes!!!!

Per the ultrasound, PCOS has made this month a no-go with a 3 cm cyst. I think I'm numb at this point... I keep feeling the need to cry about it, but I can't work up the energy to cry.

I have a full work day ahead of me today, including a huge senior management meeting, and I just want to go home instead. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Oh, well, c'est la vie, eh?

So, the RE's office gave me 3 wks of birth control pills, and told me we COULD still do an IVF cycle if we wanted to start that this month. I would take the BCPs for 3 weeks and come in for a cyst check about day 18, then assuming the cyst was gone, I would start on Lu.pron on day 21.

They said the cyst should resolve quickly with the BCPs so there should be no issue with starting IVF.

Problem: Hubby doesn't really want to do IVF unless we really, really, really have to. He is certainly not prepared to start doing IVF this month. So, we are going to have a really uncomfortable conversation today.

I'm torn... Do I just wait for next cycle and stick to the IUI plan? Or, do I push to move to IVF because I REALLY need to get off the child-making ride ASAP?

I don't know... I really don't know... I will keep you all posted as the saga unfolds...

Update: I gave hubby a 10 min update during the day today. He seemed open to moving forward with the IVF potentially. There was no crying involved, I am so proud of me! He wants to talk more tonight, but understands that the health risk of IUI is really high already (10-15% chance of another ectopic) and maybe this is Fate's way of directing us down the IVF path.


Becks said...

Sorry the horrible mutt Cyst turned up with Aunt Flo. Hope the BCP's get rid of the nasty animal.

I hope your conversation goes ok with your hubby - it is so tough if you are on different pages. Good luck.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am sorry about the cyst. I hate it when that happens.

I don't know what to tell you about the situation with your hubbie. I think that it's important that you be on the same page though. Good luck.

Samantha said...

I'm sorry things aren't turning out as planned. I hate that you then have to rush to make such a tough decision. I hope whatever you decide, you'll both be on board.

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

It is hard when you & your partner aren't on the same page treatment-wise. I think mine is feeling much more patient than I am at this point. He wants to keep trying what we've been trying and I'm ready to cut to the chase.

Thanks for the compliment about my blog. I like getting comments from you too!

Baby Blues said...

I hate having these stubborn uncooperative poly.cystic ovaries!

I'm glad to hear Hubby is open to moving forward with IVF. It's a big step but it comes with a higher success rate as compared with IUI! Wishing you the best! Keep us posted.